March 22, 2009

RIP Jose "Pepe" Gonzalez part2


It has occured to me that all I did was blather on about me in my recent RIP posting about the fantastic artist Jose Gonzalez, instead of showing his beautiful art. So to remedy that here are a few pictures to illustrate what an accomplished illustrator he was.

For an insightful article about his artwork please check out "The Groovy Age of Horror" blog. Curt Purcell has explained Pepe's technique and appeal far more effectively than I could.

The one on the left is the iconic image of Vampi, drawn by Jose Gonzalez.


These two images are from Issue #91, the one that started it all.


























This one includes his interpretation of Dracula.












Again, thank you Pepe for all the beautiful art and inspiration.

No comments: