May 11, 2008

Project Girl: Nails

So I am experimenting with fake nails. You know, the kind that you buy at the drugstore. After a bit of trial and error I managed to get them all on. They really do look sharp. I chose a French Manicure square shape that is really shiny. It elongates my stubby fingers and makes me look, dare I say it, elegant.

After the initial “look at my cool nails” appeal has worn off (it took about 2 hours) I am now trying to do my day to day stuff with these plastic things attached to my fingers. I didn't realize how tricky it would be. For instance, typing is taking longer as I have to do it really slowly and retype a third of what I have written because I punched the wrong key. Since using the remote control was tricky, I am apprehensive about using my cell or telephone. Opening the cat's food tin almost caused my new nail to rip right off. I think I might have to remove these tips before I try doing any work tomorrow.

I guess this is long nails have been considered a status symbol in many societies as working gals need there hands and nails to work. How do strippers manage to hold onto the pole with such long nails?

No comments: