March 1, 2011

Best weight loss program ever!

It seems that the best diet I have ever been on is this one, a combination of a hysterectomy and homemade oatmeal cookies.

Really.

At first everyone attributed my weight loss to shedding the water I retained after the surgery but I didn't really retain water that way. And it has been going down evenly since then, despite my odd cravings for oatmeal cookies and Mars bars. I have been making batches twice a week and A has complained on more than one occasion that he should stop eating all these sweets. And he is right, I should stop too.

I will, eventually.

And I never really fancied Mars bars, being more of a Dairy Milk or Lindt girl but lately most chocolate tastes like ash except for Mars.

Oh yeah, I discovered I LOVE blood oranges. Normally, I don't eat a lot of fruit but at Christmas I go nuts for mandarins - easy to peel, compact to carry, the right amount of sweet and tang. But since January I can't get enough of blood oranges (which for me is once or twice a day--a lot more than I would normally eat).

And coffee is tasting a little better than before (yeah!) but I was overjoyed to see that London Drugs once again stocks my favourite tea, Ty-Phoo!! I am finally having decent cuppas again.
Along with the porcelain mug I got for Christmas from the inlaws (thanx M and J!), tea taste so much better that I am having 2 to 5 cups a day.

If anyone is wondering (and I am sure you are not) I went into the hospital at close to 160, now I am 137.

Wow.

No comments: