December 16, 2008

I can feel again! Ow!

I can feel my back again. A mixed blessing to be sure but I am so glad to be feeling something.

The muscle-relaxant made me very dopey. I could barely concentrate for more than 5 minutes at a time. Sounds were really loud and echoey. I felt nothing along my spine or extremities which frightened me a bit. Not as scary as lying on the floor unable to move (Thursday morning) or unable to put my own boots on, but still scary. So in an attempt to get some work done (and drive myself to the library!!!) I didn't take the muscle-relaxant before bed last night.

It seems to have helped. I can now concentrate for 7 minutes at a time and I don't feel stoned. For instance, typing is no longer a psychedelic experience.

I am still taking the anti-inflammatory and will continue to do so until it runs out. I can feel the base of my spine so at least now I will not push beyond my limits.

I hope.

A book that I placed on hold at the library about building indoor climbing walls has just come in...

No comments: